It is 4:32 am and I have had an exciting morning. Already. Figures.

I wake before midnight, worried. Could be because of the DNR fire program I watched, also the IT has injured her knee, and I had an interesting visit with a specialist yesterday. It is the second visit. At the first she seems interested and open. Yesterday she is closed and Has Decided. Without reading a bit of the Guidelines for Treating PANDAS. Oh, well. She also says that my life might have been better or had better relationships if I had been placed on medication in the past. Oh, you mean drugged? I get pretty sarcastic in my journal this am. Would that have fixed my parents' drinking? Or my sister's cancer? Or the family lawsuits? She did not ask if I like my life. She obviously doesn't.

Anyhow, at 4:00 I start getting laundry together. I take it to the basement. I am sorting and hear a skittery noise. The IT has too and I have seen mouse evidence. I start tracking the noise and oh: in the top load washer. Huh. I am not up to drowning her. I consider and put in an inch of water. I get a plastic yohgurt container and lid and leather gloves. Mousie Tongue is pretty panicy by now and swimming. I squeak when she tries to jump out of the washer but she gets tired swimming. She climbs the holes on the side. I pop the yohgurt container over her and the lid. I take it outside, across the street, and open it top down onto a pile of logs that are destined for yard decorations. "Don't return." I intone. Back across the street, empty washer. I have a load running.

296