Hyde Park, Leeds. According to local hippy mythology, ley lines meet in this undeniably strange locale. A home to a unique conflagration of hedonists and procrastinators, Hyde Park simultaneously plays host to the highest population of musicians, per capita, in Europe. But then, as is the way with LS6 (a postcode held in proud reverence by many inhabitants, treated with scorn by the uninitiated), most of these are procrastinating, or simply getting their shit together. Hyde Park is a Mecca of creative freedom, but then, very little actually gets done. Something to do, perhaps, with the ever present purple haze hanging seductively in the air

Hyde Park is a Never Never Land. Round here, you never need grow up. You never need do without a party. Just follow your ears. Certainly, there's a higher proportion of nutters around here than pretty much any non-festival environment that you can think of in Sunny England. But then, most of them are pretty good value. That said, look out for the nutter with one ear missing. Avoid at all costs.

Sites of interest
The Hyde Park Cinema is the oldest independent movie house in the UK, and show a spectacular selection of arthouse and independent movies. There are a proliferation of delivery services, meaning that one can come by alcohol, varying forms of combustibles (mostly less than legal), and a wide variety of other such fine toxins, day and night, just a phone call away. And the ice cream vans, playing their particularly odd chimes (one moos, another plays the James Bond theme tune, too fast, too high and too loud) 12 months of the year, have long been suspected of having more merchandise for sale than they might paint on their windows.
The Hyde Park weird is situated near the skate park. But I'm not going to explain it for you. That would take away the fun of discovering it for yourself, brave traveller.

Hyde Park. I never really want to leave. But then, one can only procrastinate in a place like this for so long before you well and truly become one of the nutters. Ah well. If you see a happily stoned form, nonchalantly juggling devil sticks on a hot summer's afternoon, give him a smile. He might even be me. Oh yeah, and thanks for the Spelling corrections. Too much LS6, not enough brains.