Churros are snacks made from flour (often wheat), eggs, sugar and vegetable oil, with a pinch of other ingredients. The dough is pressed through a "decorator's tube", preferably one with a star shaped tip (but in a crisis it can also be rolled into sticks, or put in a plastic bag which you cut one corner of). After a short bake, it is sprinkled with sugar, or served with a chocolate dip, often together with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate.

Churros originated in Spain many years ago, and as its popularity grew, quickly spread to Mexico and Argentina.

Here's one of the many recipes available;

    - 1 glass (225 ml) of water
    - 1 table spool of sugar
    - salt
    - 1 1/4 glass (130 g) flour
    - 1/2 tea spoon of baking powder
    - 1 egg
    - 2 table spoons of butter
    - sugar and cinnamon

    Mix the water with the sugar and salt, and bring to a boil. Mix the flour and baking powder, and as soon as the water comes to boil, put the flour mix in it. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, until it is smooth (can take some time).

    Add the egg and melted butter, and stir again. It may appears as if the mix is becoming crumbly, but keep working with the spoon until you have a "satin and elastic" mix.

    Put the dough in a cooking bag, and fry in a pan. Sprinkle with a mix of the sugar and cinnamon.

    Serve with Mexican hot chocolate.

Bon apetit!