Goa, in western India, is one of the best holiday destinations in the country and a very popular one. It is that perfect beachside state with a happy overabundance of beaches and plenty of water sports to go with. Major Goa beaches like the Calangute, Candolim, Vagator, Anjuna and Colva are not only beautiful but many of them are quite commercialized. They offer sporting retreats like scuba diving, parasailing, snorkeling, banana boating, scooting and so on. Goa has over 40 beaches but each has its own flavor and has no resemblance with the other. Some are noted for their sunsets while some are notorious for their rockiness. And there are others like the Dona Paula which have apocryphal legendary tales of undying (and scandalous) romance associated with them.

Away from the sun-drenched beaches, Goa is a potpourri of heritage architecture, beautiful markets, lovely food and an even lovelier culture. Saturday Night’s Ingo Bazaar is a must-stop for any shopper and the churches and chapels of Old Goa should be visited for their nostalgia and chastity. The state has other attractions too. There are those dilapidated but still-domineering forts punctuating the length & breadth of the state; a few wildlife parks would also grab your attention, and the waterfalls like the Dudhsagar are always worthy of a visit.

In short, Goa is that perfect place where everyone can have his share of fun.

Best time to visit Goa: November-March

Major Goa attractions:

-          Basilica of Bom Jesus

-          Anjuna Beach

-          Baga Beach

-          Calangute Beach

-          Aguada Fort

-          Se Cathedral

-          Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary

-          Ingo’s Saturday Night Market

-          Chapora Fort

-          Dudhsagar Falls

-          Salem Ali Bird Sanctuary

Traveler’s tip: If you wish to cut down your hotel & flight bills (by as much as 50%), then plan a Goa trip during the lean season between April and September.

 

Resources: Goa Tourism Guide http://www.weareholidays.co.in/travel-guide/goa-tourism