Dee's at work right now.
That seems to be the way of things lately, always somewhere. A couple weeks ago I was really hurting when I thought of her. Last week, I was just calm. Now I just feel a little sad at the loss, at the separation. She has a whole 'nother world and life separate from me an mine. And, sometimes loving her is like watching a drama on tv. It is well written and the characters are all interesting and well acted. You cry at the sad parts, and laugh at the funny, but no matter what, you won't be seeing any of them any time soon.

I am somehow viewer and participant in this life of hers, thankful for the part I play, but wishing the writers would put me in more scenes.

Three little words from her can bring me smiles for the rest of the day. A chat with her makes work pass so much faster. But words on a screen, voices over wires, these things can only go so far. Why is it that a physical distance can make such a difference? Is it the looks she gives me? Is it my hunger for physical contact? Maybe hearing her ramble on about her life...Why, when I can feel her thoughts and emotions from here, why does being close to her mean so much?

What magic lies in the closeness of a lover? What inherent need is filled by their presence? And how long can a person survive its offering along with its absence? One year, two? Only time will tell.