Yesterday was my birthday. People at the office expect people to bring in birthday treats. Half the girls in the office are on diets so I thought that bagels would be good. The bagel place is not far from where I work. I stopped at the ATM to get some cash. This cute girl was walking up to the door at the same time I was. You know how some girls walk and some girls move their hips as they glide past you? This girl was the hip gliding kind. I wanted to get close enough to smell her shampoo but I didn't want her to think I was some creepy parking lot stalker. Her hair was down around her shoulders. She kept flipping it back. Why do women with long hair play with it so much? The other thing I was wondering is what she was carrying around in her big ass yellow purse. It looked new and I thought about asking her about it but I knew if I asked she would give me the look and tell me that she'd had it forever.

Standing in line with women is tough for guys like me. I want to talk to them but I don't want them to think I'm trying to hit on them even if I am. And not to put my own spin on things but why do women dress like that if they’re not out to pick up guys? The girl in front of me was doing the hair flip thing, she was standing closer to me than I thought she would. I kept picking up signals from her but I was also getting a big 'don't stand so close to me' vibe. Finally we got to the counter. It seems to me like women should make up their minds about what they want while they're in line instead of talking to their friends on their cell phones like the chick in front of me was. Her voice was low when she ordered tea and a pumpkin muffin. I was standing right behind her and I could hardly hear what she was saying. Half the time I was trying to hear what she was saying, the rest of me was checking out her ass.

Some girls wad up their money. I'm an insurance agent so that bugs the hell out of me but this girl had it all put together in her wallet. I think she must come here a lot because the people behind the counter were talking to her like they knew her. For a while I listened to the classical music playing overhead. The girl behind the register wasn't bad looking but she didn’t have the same whatever you want to call it that the chick in front of me did. I caught a glimpse of dark brown eyes. I'm colorblind in one eye so some colors look off to me. The girl was getting ready to pick her order up. My plan had been to get some juice because my throat was sore when I woke up. The girl in front of me pulled some napkins out of the dispenser. Her hair swung towards me as she picked up her bag.

Running for the door cost me my spot in line. I don't think the girl in front of me expected me to grab it for her. I like it when girls wear v necked shirts but this girl looked cold instead of sexy. I heard her cough when I stepped back. I felt kind of bad for her because it was friggin' cold outside and she had been coughing when she was on the phone with her friend. I stood there for I don't know how long holding the door for some chick I didn't even know. Today I ordered tea and a muffin instead of juice and a cream cheese bagel. I sat by the door and I waited for the longest thirty minutes of my new life but I never did get to see the girl I saw yesterday.