Yesterday was a smartwool socks day. My little sister's mother-in-law works for a shoe store that sells smartwool socks. A while back my roommate borrowed a pair of my smartwool socks. At the time I didn't care that he hadn't asked to borrow my socks but my ex-girlfriend got bent out of shape about it. I didn't do my laundry over the weekend so I had to scrounge around for a pair of socks to wear to the gym. I was halfway across the lobby when I saw this girl I went to high school with. She used to be stuck up so I wasn't sure she'd want to talk to me about anything but I said 'hi' just to be polite. A friend of hers that she had been waiting for showed up just as I was getting ready to head to the locker room. She introduced herself and she probably would have been a good prospect except the girl I went to high school with is married to a stock broker so that lead was out.

My first client was a guy who works for Harley Davidson. We met at Starbucks and the only thing he knew for sure was what kind of coffee he wanted. He didn't know what his credit score was or how much credit card debt he had. When I asked him about his company's 401(k) program he was sure they had one but he didn't know what percentage of his income was being directed towards that. We agreed to meet again at his place so I can take a look at some of the statements that he had forgotten to bring with him. My two o'clock appointment was half an hour away from the office. I left early but they're redoing the freeway west of town so I was almost late for that. My three o'clock didn't go as well as my first appointment had even though these people have more money than my first client.

My appointment with the Pizza Hut manager was on my way back to the office so I was early for that. One of the things I hate about my job is talking to people who are fucked. The Pizza Hut manager has four kids, his wife doesn’t work and he lets her pay the bills. They have a two bedroom home out where I grew up. That appointment went nowhere although he referred me to his parents. For a while my roommate has been talking about buying a house. He left me a voice mail asking if I wanted to check out a place not far from where I went to college. My plan was to stop at home first but my roommate told me he'd meet me at the house. I was halfway across town when he called back to tell me he was going to have to work late. My roommate is a used car salesman. He thinks my job is harder than his. There are things I don't like about my job but I would not want to sell used cars for a living.

I ate most of the leftover pizza for supper. By the time my roommate came home it was too late to check the house he likes out but he sold a car so he was in a good mood. He asked if I was feeling better. We talked about his shoulder and his dad. I wanted to ask what he had said to my ex-girlfriend but he didn't bring it up so I didn't either. I was listening to him talk when I noticed he was wearing my smartwool socks again. He mentioned that the girl he sold the car to complimented him on my socks. It ticked me off that he was sitting there in my socks bragging about how he had sold a car. I paid attention to my roommate for a couple minutes before I told him I had laundry to do. I asked my roommate if I could have my socks back, he handed them over but I resented having to turn dirty socks that he had worn inside out so I could wash them. I went to bed still thinking about the damn smartwool socks. Is getting mad at my roommate over a pair of my socks really worth it?