Booted to Win2K from Mandrake and got to work on specs and other things for the new paragliders for the website.
Cold outside, fed the woodstove, fed the cats, fed myself a bagel and brie. Logged into the shop's mailserver and answered a few things, sent a few things. Work was starting to cook, in the groove.

12:00 or so called U on her cell, and she answered, since she was up on a ridge and had the phone on. We had a really nice re-connect, and I felt so much better. The fact that we both care so much about these things tells me that it really is love. Love as in deep caring, deep commitment, deep feelings of all kinds.

Got one wing page finished and others started, so showered and did a run down to the hardware store for chain, cordage, and misc electrical doodads for the webcam install this weekend and duties for the Catalog Liberation Front (CLF) at the post office. Was moving quickly to be ahead of the School Bus drop-offs that start mid-afternoon and screw up traffic on the main drag. Of course, I got blocked in by a bus dropping off high-school kids in front of the hardware store. Oh well.

There's a kind of special time on weekdays between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM when it's great to do things like hardware store and grocery runs. All the kids are in school, most adults are at work, and only the retired folks are out and about. You can hit the stores with little or no crowds and the employees welcome the distraction of a non-needy customer. Back when I worked part-time and weekends I took it for granted; now that I have a more normal work sched, I appreciate it greatly

Spent some time outside, restocking the porch wood rack and putting the tarps back on the stacked wood, since rain/snow was forecast for after midnight. We really need some moisture here in the San Bernardinos.

Got back to the website stuff, and emails, and the news websites. Had a productive afternoon. Was really getting into it and realized that the shop had to be pretty much empty, since it was after 5:00. This telecommuting stuff demands that one keep perspective, like being aware that when the In-laws call us from London in the morning that they're preparing dinner.

Was still working when U called from the field, and we had another nice communication session whhile whe was waiting for the pasta to cook. I was heating left-over pasta, so that was fun. We talked about positive things, coming changes, and so on.

I finished up some things and published pages for two more paragliders to the website before she called as she went to bed. We had a nice conversation. Real nice.

Would have gone to bed a while ago, but writing this log has kept me up. TTFN.