Transforms from fire truck to robot and back!

PROTECTOBOT: HOT SPOT

FUNCTION: PROTECTOBOT LEADER
"Rust never sleeps, and neither do I."

Likes to be where the action is. Charismatic, inspiring...other Protectobots have trouble keeping up with his non-stop pace. Believes in being maximally operational every moment of one's life. His fire truck hose shoots high-pressure water 1200 feet. As robot, can press 60,000 pounds, uses fireball cannons that shoot bursts of 2000ºF blue flame 1.5 miles. With fellow Protectobots, forms "Defensor".

  • Strength: 9
  • Intelligence: 7
  • Speed: 4
  • Endurance: 9
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 6
Transformers Tech Specs


Hot Spot had an awkward name, plus the disadvantage of being redundant with fellow Autobot Inferno, but he was by far the most attractive robot on the Protectobot team. (Let's face it, though, there's only so many ways you can screw up what is essentially a long box with a ladder on top.)

He had the somewhat distinguishing feature of containing the head of the gestalt robot Defensor in the ladder cradle, rather than having it as a separate attachment, plus the Defensor chest piece split into two "wings" that mounted on the side of the fire truck. The end result was that Defensor had that many fewer pieces to lose--hardly a marketable advantage, but a nice feature nonetheless.