Warning: Before reading this node, anyone planning to see the movie X-Men may not want to read this, for it may spoil some of the movie. Reader beware!

While on vacation, I saw the movie "X-Men". Overall, I thought the movie was very good. The visual effects were quite impressive, and the acting was very good. I was also surprised at how much the actors looked like the comic book characters.

The movie, however, lacked a key element: very little truly happens. I don't mean to say that there was no action, because there was. What I mean to say is that very little was achieved by the action that did take place. The arch nemesis plans to turn all of the world's leaders into mutants so that mutants will rule to world. The good guys stop him from doing so (of course) by killing all of the arch nemesis' henchmen. The movie ends with the arch nemesis still alive but locked up in a futuristic jail cell. The X-Men then find out that one of the henchmen actually survived, and that's basically the end. Nothing is really resolved, and there's obvious room for a sequel.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I would have to rate X-Men as a 6 or 7, and the only reason that it is not a 9 or 10 is because of the serious flaw with the plot. I would suggest waiting until the movie is available for rent or cheap seats unless you are a fan of this type of movie, the X-Men, or comic books.