I guess I'm beautiful.

Oh, wait, that would be Asian women. Not Asian men. Sorry, my mistake, won't happen again. I was flattered at first that you wrote that about Asians, until I really thought about it. I'll just move along.

Oh, but we're smart, aren't we? But I still want to feel loved. Just being intelligent isn't all that it's cracked up to be, especially when there is no one to love you for it.

Don't get me wrong, please. I'm glad that Asian women have been so heartily accepted into this culture. It makes the burden of being Asian all that much easier, really. Of course, they carry a lot of other baggage with their acceptance as well, but generally, it works out to their advantage.

Perhaps it's my fault, though. My fault for not being outgoing enough, for not letting people understand me. I guess sometimes I lock up and become hermitic. I should really go out and meet people... but, people just ignore me, unless I have a good idea, and then they steal it from me.

If I'm not intelligent, then people want me to kick someone's ass just to impress them. I am not freaking Jackie Chan, OK. I am not going to kick anyone's ass, so don't ask.

So that's what I'm going to do. I am going to socialize. Perhaps this will make things easier for other Asian men. At the very least, I can be beautiful.