user since
Thu Nov 14 2019 at 04:38:21 (4.3 years ago )
last seen
Tue Mar 19 2024 at 08:51:32 (2.7 minutes ago )
number of write-ups
112 - View nicolasstag's writeups (feed)
number of write-ups within last year
24
level / experience
9 (Archivist) / 5003
C!s spent
312
specialties
The capacity to listen to a single melody on repeat
motto
"It's whatever."
categories maintained
Latin Logs
most recent writeup
My perfect Macbeth
Send private message to nicolasstag

I don't know what to put here and I keep changing this stupid bio and it's never perfect. I'll get it eventually.

I'm obsessed with ancient rome and greece. I am currently working my way through the great playwrights, starting with Euripides. Once I finish Euripides it will be Aeschylus and Sophocles. Commentaries are just so hard to come by, thank the lord for academic libraries! 

I am a very big fan of the Brannagh production of Hamlet though I know and acknowledge the controversy of Brannagh hiring Kate Winslet because he said he had to wait for her to be 18 so he could cast himself doing a very very very unnecessary sex scene with her. but the aesthetics are great, I love them. I think I like David Tennant as Hamlet just a little bit more because Brannagh is very manicky, which is a choice of style -- I was saying he was manicky as someone who has experienced manic episodes, but he did say in the commentary that he deliberately chose to present as manic while playing Hamlet.

I love black, dark, bitter coffee. Not quite so bitter that it burns my mouth, though. I recently picked up this coffee called Death Wish Coffee, it's a very strong dark roast and the bag says "strongest coffee in the world", and I really like it.

I aspire to be a novelist one day. It would be nice to get a short story published somewhere, but rejections rejections rejections. Someday.

I love dogs.

DM me a fun fact or a joke.