i hate winter. i hate the cold. but although it is cold i keep trying to convince myself that if it were the beginings of spring i'd be happy that it wasn't bone-chilling cold. it doesn't work very well, there's a winter smell to the air. it's almost not a smell, more like how the air feels when it goes in your nostrils. sharp.

ordered mom's ring yesterday, then got a call from the merchant saying the address i had given didn't match the credit card's record (he said no part of the address matched). huh? it's my ATM card, and all my statements come to my house. i've lived there for three years. on the off chance somehow they had my old address i gave it to the merchant and told him to try that, then i called my bank. they said everything was kosher, my address was correct. so i called the merchant back to find out what was what and he said the second time he verified my current address they accepted it no problem. so the ring is on it's way. one family member's christmas gift taken care of.

now i have to get a blender and an ice cream maker for jenn. that shouldn't be too difficult. i still haven't decided what to get her husband. or my man. ah well, only three to go.

FOR ANYONE WHO IS READING THIS WHO IS CONSIDERING GETTING ME CHRISTMAS GIFTS, HERE IS WHAT I NEED:
  1. one queen sized dust ruffle, in a warm neutral colour
  2. acrylic paints in blue, green, red, yellow, and white
  3. good quality paint brushes, small to medium sized
that's all i can think of for now, but given the price of art supplies and bedding, that's probably enough.
for now i should do more work. more later...
oh wait, there's my amazon.com wishlist, too! search for "margaret mcmahan" in the gift services/wishlist area. :) a quick summary of what is on that list is primarily books by Chris Van Allsburg.