The real advantage to going to MEPS though, is most certainly the usually insane parties that occur at the "post-accomadations", which are usually Hotels contracted out by MEPS to house the recruits the night prior to their physicals and ship outs(The usual routine is that you go MEPS in the afternoon to take the ASVAB, spend the night at the post-accomadations, free meal and all, then goto MEPS the next morning at around 5am for the physical).

But enough about the boring details of what goes on at MEPS, lets get to the parties! There is always an insane amount of partying at the post-accomadations, even though they'll drill you for an hour about how you're supposed to NOT consume alchahol on the grounds and to NOT have anyone in your room besides your assigned dwelling-mate.

All things aside, there is ALWAYS some 28 year-old loser who is re-enlisting, and they're always willing to buy booze for you fresh recruits, after all, they solicated the older deadbeats their first time through as well.

As for the Army Doktors, lets just say these guys were Army Doctors when my dad enlisted in the army in the early 60's, and now they've fermented into nice shrivled up old dirtbags, prone to make lewd jokes(only with the male recruits mind you) and are usually decent guys. But DO NOT sit and make small-talk with them, as they can be processing up to 50 hoodlums per "session", and they loathe people who muck up their well-refined process.