I have to make a three hour drive on the Interstate to get from my university to my home and I occasionally experience these urges. This last weekend when I did it, I had these urges all the time, mostly because my depression is acting up again, which lead me to believe that depressed people should not be allowed to drive cars.

I find it funny though, that I have these urges even when I'm perfectly happy. I think the reason that it happens is that I just can't believe that it would happen. I mean, could I really yank the wheel and attempt to go into a 360 going 80-miles an hour? If I really wanted to, if I tried with all my might, something would be there to stop me. I'm sure of it. Do you really feel in control when you drive? You never actually make decisions, you follow the road, you follow the rules. You see a stop light and you don't decide to stop at it, you do it because you have no other choice. You have no other choice but to stay between those white and yellow lines on the Interstate. I think that these are urges to say "Yes I DO have free will, dammit." Kind of a lose-lose situation though, if you choose to remain on the road you deny your free will, if you fly off the road doing 80, you're probably going to die or wind up seriously injured.