Hey, I hang out with the Circle City Jugglers (http://www.circlecityjugglers.com)! Come join us sometime and throw stuff, or balance on something. Also, shameless plug: http://weddingmusicproject.com. Buy some tunes.
First, the xpwhorefest. Vote or comment on these:
- Undervoted: Athena, xedit, xload, xkill, evilwm, xlib, xdm, ICCCM, Down under the big top, GNUStep
- In reputation limbo: Chagall Guevara, Toaster Strudels, Embedded Linux, Terra, Tipton, Indiana, Atlanta, Indiana, The new earth festival, Monster
GTKY nodes I gravely dislike:
- X Window System
- Comparison of programming language types (I have a node there because I had my node and another node moved from here
- Linux. Jesus, people! It was enough for just one of you to say "Linux is not user friendly and X is bloated." When everyone dogpiles on with their own ranting, what you get is hardly fair to the OS or the kernel.
- Why Linux sucks, Why C Sucks, Why C++ sucks, Why C++ doesn't suck, Why C++ rules, Gimp is not superior to photoshop, Linux is a toy Unix, et cetera. IMHO these should be in Linux, C++, C, Unix, Gimp, and so forth. Or rather, they should not be, since none of them represent significant time or effort spent to dissemintate information.
I hate to be overly negative, but sometimes I actually use E2 as a source of information. If you did the same, you would feel the same way I do about nodes that contribute so close to nothing, but take away from the idea space just the same.
My major stabs at fame on E2 are in the area of GNU/Linux. I'm a Debian user, specifically of the unstable branch and the Morphix derivative project. I've used all the major desktop environments (except GNOME, which hardly ever works for me), and right now I'm an avid evilwm user. I have a wide variety of programming skills and have written a few educational nodes. My computer nodes:
- OS: ThizLinux, Morphix, GNUStep (Coming soon)
- Programs: evilwm, xedit, xkill, xload
- Programming: Array of function pointers, Xlib, Comparison of programming language types, Athena (Coming soon)