Tron Legacy Brief Review

Categories: Science Fiction, Family, Action.

Premise: A man gets stuck inside a computer, his son must get him out.  Action and special effects follow.

Quick Review: Seamless 3D, immersive and fun to watch.

The Good: Dynamic scenes and architecture, great actors, Jeff Bridges is particularly believable in this high concept movie.  Strong cast.  3D feels natural and not gimmicky.  Interesting plot twists and ending.

The Bad: Plot is rather simple.  Dialogue becomes sparse near the end as it turns to pure action.

The Ugly: There is a bar scene with a rather eccentric character that seems a bit long and took me out of the moment.  Watching the movie at home in 2D DVD might lose something in the full immersion of the movie.

 The Bottom Line: I would recommend it.  This movie was just released on DVD.  I believe it was best enjoyed on the big screen.  It is particularly good for families and fans of science fiction shows like The Matrix.  Adults be warned that at times, the movie seems geared to kids, but not overly so, and adults can still enjoy it.  I must add that the Daft Punk soundtrack is great, and those who are nostalgic about the 80's, particularly 80's video games and vector graphics, will enjoy it the most.