Sunday for me started with a call from Arvind in Sydney, informing our answering machine that Avinasha was arriving back from Sydney at 11:15, and would we collect her please. Poor old Avi is a student of ceramics at the Australian National University, and has won a scholarship to the prestigeous Hong Il University in Seoul, Korea. But the local Korean consulate has given her merry hell in the approval of her entry visa. It has reached the point where the frigging local Korean authorities have become just-plain-obstructionist. She was to fly out once last week, and again yesterday, but has now had to return to this capitol city to provide even more proof that she just a student, and not some Aussie emmisary of Osama Bin Laden or something. Took her home, poor love. She's now going to miss the start of the Korean semester.

The best thing that happened today is that I got my newly repaired PowerBook back, hallelujah. Spent three or four hours setting it up again and getting my data off the loaner notebook. I've been feeling like I've been missing a limb. LinuxPPC rocks, although I'm collecting a TurboPPC distro this week from the local office, which I'm really looking forward to.

I've got a 6:30am flight to Sydney tomorrow for work, which means early to bed tonight. This week coming means a new sendmail install, migration of a dozen mail domains to the new box, a new BRU-based backup sytstem for that box, and more fscking drama with netatalk and Quark between whom no love is lost. And just for fun, the continuing website wars with our senior management. Must not lose my cool. This too shall pass.