Cool Police. Hrm. I think I remember them. They would be the Sophomores in my dorm suite that would be screaming and giggling from 8PM on Thursday night until 11PM on Sunday. On many occasions, I would stumble into our bathroom in the early morning hours to find a girl from our building passed out in the shower stall. Was I angry? No. I thought it was fucking hysterical.

In truth, I secretly admired the older guys (I was a freshman at the time) because they were having fun and enjoying their youth. At the time, I was a bit confused and lonely since I was away from home. I envied their relaxed and easygoing demeanor, especially when our RA LaShon would yell at them. They'd invite her in, listen to what she had to say, and then offer her a beer, which drove her nuts (alcohol was of course, banned in the dorms).

Now I'm a senior, I've had my share of letting loose, and I'll be very honest: it changes you. It's not like a bolt of lightning or anything, but I'd have to say that over the past couple of years I've become much more open and interested in trying new things and taking risks. I'm meeting the most interesting people and having the time of my life doing it. So you know what? There is no Cool Police. There are, however, alot of people on this spinning rock we call Earth who know that having fun is more than just having fun. It's living life.