It's not the same.
    It's not the same.
      Some things are not the same anymore.

        - "Something Told Me" by Coal Chamber

 

Just other night I was out with two of my best friends. I've known them for quite a while now, at least six or seven years each. However, lately I just don't have as much fun with them as I used to...

I remember back even as little as one or two years ago, we were probably some of the the best friends that you could ever know when the three of us were together. We always had the most fun together doing just about anything ... even if that meant nothing at all. We got along perfectly, for the sake of the argument, but even if we did fight or argue it was mostly just for concentual laughs in the end. This is the way I loved it. It couldn't have been better.

Over the last year in school, however, I met a new group of friends. I slowly lost touch with the said friends, but I didn't even really notice. These new friends were amazing people. I had known them for a several years, almost as long as I can remember, but I never really hung around with them previously. Then I started going to parties, get togethers, and now I'm pretty much a part of the "group" as much as anyone else is. I love them. They're fantastic people, and they treat me with more respect than anyone else ever had.

Eventually I just grew away from my previous two friends, and am pretty much limited to only my new friends. Just the other night, though, I was with my old friends. We hung out, watched TV, went out for a bite to eat, told stories from our lives. It was just like old times. But unfortunately I just didn't feel the same fun coming from these things as I used to with the same people. I got bored more easily. Frustrated more frequently. And even found little things about the two friends -- well, more of one than the other -- that absolutely would've driven me insane had I not a good state of mind at the time.

I can't decide if I like it this way. I like them, but I also like my new friends.

...maybe I should just let fate decide what happens...