I spent a brief time as a member of the Baha'i Faith, and I can say that it is definitely not Unitarian-Universalist. Baha'is have a very specific set of religious duties and a pretty strict moral code.

The Baha'i faith does make a real effort to encompass all the major world religions. Ba'hais believe that every major world religion was a stage in human development. So while they are the religion designed for this stage in history, they treat previous religions as incomplete, rather than fundamentally invalid. Their practices are designed to compromise between Muslim and Christian cultures--for example, Baha'is must pray every day, but there are two forms of this prayer--one similar to the Muslim daily prayer, the other to the Christian Liturgy of the Hours. Another example of compromise is that a Baha'i marriage requires the consent of the married parties and of their parents--this seems radical to a Western European urbanite and an Iranian peasant, but for different reasons.

One little-known fact about the Baha'is is that they actively plan for a future in which the Baha'i faith is a major (if not the major) world religion. For example, I was exposed to the faith through a Baha'i conference center in Davison, MI. The people there talked quite seriously about a future in which this modest center would be one of the world's great educational institutions, on a par with Harvard or Cambridge.

There are a lot of appealing elements to the Baha'i faith. It is governed through representative democracy, with elections at local, regional, and global levels. Their temples are very elaborate and full of symbolism, which is why there are only a few scattered around the world: the only one in the United States is in Wilmette, IL and is worth visiting.

Although I decided that I wasn't being called to join the Baha'i Faith, it's the most credible new religion I've seen.