AntiTrust
Ryan Phillippe, Claire Forlani, Tim Robbins, Rachael Leigh Cook.
directed by Peter Howitt, producers Keith Addis and Nick Wechsler and David Nicksay, executive producers David Hoberman and Ashok Amritraj, and director of photography John Bailey. Screenplay by Howard Franklin.

Released 2001 by MGM

At the risk of giving away some spoilers, I'm going to try to do a very quick and dirty review of said film without giving away the story.

That having been said, if you're 'in to' electronic technology in any degree, you should seriously consider this film. In my opinion the acting is well done, the script is great, the story is very well thought out... and Tim Robbins is just a hottie, anyway.

It's been a long time since I've seen a 'computer movie' that didn't make me burst out with laughter in every scene due to the mistakes made and elements overlooked. However, unlike 'Hackers', the writers and director actually seemed to take the time to do some actual research and to make sure they were doing things accurately. Of course they had to take one or two liberties, but they're happily overlooked whrn you realise they they had Jon 'Mad Dog' Hall on as a consultant. I remember the first scenes I watched, and I was amazed that they were using techno-jargon that actually meant something! And look! They're using an OS that doesn't have big flashing red icons everywhere! Hey look! It's GNOME!

There were one or two minor problems, though. One, they use the term 'open source' as too much of a buzzword an two, you use coordinates and transponder modulations to communicate with satellites, not IP addresses.

This is not, however, a very romantic film. So if you're going to this expecting some tail afterwords, you'll be sorely mistaken. And sleeping on the couch.

So, in conclusion, go see this film. If you're on E2, chances are you understand technology enough to enjoy this film immensly. And I want that mouse -- y'know, the car mouse. And did I mention Tim Robbins is just a hottie?