I was meeting my mom for lunch. I was to be there at 1:00. On the way I saw a guy with three dogs. He was first jogging, then on a bicycle. I thought he was attractive in a scruffy, living under the bridge sort of way. He commented that he took his three dogs everywhere. They were beautiful dogs, but I was thinking how that wasn't very practical. I kept admiring the dogs, and somehow I ended up holding onto a red rope attached to one of the dogs first of all, then to the guy, who was now riding a bicycle. I was being pulled along with them, but losing ground, getting further towards the end of the rope. Finally the guy rode down a hill, and i reached the end of the rope. I held on, pulling him off his bike, and waved and said 'Here's your rope'. Then I was all of a sudden in a wheelchair. I was sure I could still get to my mom's lunch date, which involved crossing a bridge. I went into a building which was some kind of short cut. I knew the way well, but somehow I got lost and ended up in an oil refinery yard which was adjacent to a lumberyard/sawmill. I knew that I could find my way through there if I wasn't in a wheelchair, but knew it would be dangerous in the chair, so I went back into the building, which incidently had red indoor/outdoor carpet on the walls. I found my way to the street and glanced at my watch. It was 2:34 and I had missed my date. I was upset because it would hurt my mom, so I found a pay phone to call her. Across the road was a person with a dog who was hiding under the cut grass at the side of the road. While using the pay phone, I fell out of it, but could stand up and call my mom. She said to meet her at a house right next to the phone. It was a duplex, and we went in the back door. My whole family was there and we were just hanging out when I began to wonder who lived here and why we could come here. I asked my mom, and she said it belonged to her brother. She has no brother, and I asked her what she meant and her and my dad started saying "we'll need to discuss this later" and were obviously hiding something. A black and white pencil drawing of a mother and a child was on the wall that was of my mother and I.

Interpretation?...whoooheeee...lets see. First of all the lunch time was kind of late. I think it's kind of late for me to be trying to get close to my mom, but I'm trying. The guy with the dogs is my past, the kind of guy I'd get involved with in college days, impractical, living under the bridge sexiness. Carefree. Three dogs..hmmmm Three dog night? a group from my extreme youth? Maybe it's time to let go of youth...admit to being as old as I am? The red rope? Im not sure. Wheelchair....hmmmm being hindered in life...feeling like I can't negotiate it like I'd like to. The oil refinery/sawmill....things I used to just dance through are worrying me now. I've lost some of that carefree attitude that comes with youth, and I'm noticing that. Being late for lunch..obvious. The house? I have no idea....Maybe that there are some secrets that my mom is keeping.