’TIS THE SEASON

Once again, the holiday season is upon us and given the circumstances that me and the little one have recently endured, I feel the need to offer up a small token of gratitude to the many folks who have either contacted us directly or have kept us in their thoughts, if only for a little while.

Yeah, I know our little hiccup on the path to happiness pales in comparison to what some of our fellow noders have recently experienced and my heart goes out to them but I ran this idea past Anna this weekend as a kind of way to have a project to do over the holiday season. Sort of a way to keep her deflected and working on something and doing something nice at the same time.

So here’s the idea that we kicked around over the weekend…

Since many of you are either being very, very kind or just enjoying reading the ramblings of a 10 year old, what we'd like to do as some form of repayment for that kindness is put together a compilation of her stuff and send it to you over the holidays. She's even talking about doing some illustrations to accompany her words. It won't be anything fancy. Mainly because we’re not fancy type of people but also because we can't really afford that type of thing. Maybe just the poems pasted on to some cray paper with some pictures to go with it.

So, if you want to have all of her stuff in one place and not have to worrying about the hassle of clicking to find it, just let us know and we'll try and get it out to you before the season is too far upon us. Just /msg me and we'll get cracking.

Who knows, someday when she’s a poet laureate or when her wildest dreams come true, you might have something special on your hands. If not, at the very least, you helped a little girl get through her first real bout of grief. Maybe that’s even better.

Orders will be accepted through December 15, 2004 and there is no cost associated with sending it. This is something we just feel the need to do.

Here’s the list of folks who have placed advanced orders so far

Grundoon – 2 copies
69lovesongs
Jessicapierce
Feltips
Jet-Poop
JohnnyGoodYear
Lometa
allseeingeye
wordnerd
cherchez- 2 copies
heppigirl
Wiccanpiper
Chase
Cool Beans
GrouchyOldMan
The Debutante
Laura Elizabeth
karma debt
momomom
witchiepoo - 2 copies
Simulacron3
Ooolong
Doyle
NinjaPenguin
Rancid Pickle
Simulacron3
Chiisuta
Transitional Man
Your name here?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.