A popular but minor character in the Star Wars universe. Purportedly the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, Fett wears modified Mandalorian battle armor, festooned with all manner of weapons.

Time line

Due to the 'special editions' and prequel trilogy, tracking the chronology of Boba Fett is not straightforward. In the Star Wars time line, at time of writing, he appears in four of the six films: Attack of the Clones, A New Hope (special edition), The Empire Stikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Of course, one never knows what may happen in future 'extra special editions' of the films. Boba Fett also appears in the Star Wars Holiday Special (in animated form) and in numerous "Expanded Universe" stories, including Star Wars games, comics, novels, and fan films.

Appearances

Boba Fett was introduced in animated form in the infamous Star Wars Holiday Special, in which he has a major role. He then appeared as a promotional toy figurine, briefly with a "firing" rocket backpack, and then with a fixed rocket when the "firing" rocket was determined to be a hazard. His supporting roles in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi had little dialog, but cemented his place in the hearts of Star Wars fans. Actor Jeremy Bulloch played Fett in both films, though he is never seen due to Fett's complete encasement in armor. (Bulloch would appear "in the flesh" in Star Wars many years later, as a pilot in Revenge of the Sith.)

Fett's voice in the films was originally provided by Jason Wingreen, though that was later replaced for the 2004 DVD special edition with dialog by Temuera Morrison. This was done for consistency with the "prequel trilogy" storyline.

Boba Fett was retroactively added to the original film, A New Hope, when a scene between Han Solo and Jabba the Hutt was restored to the film. Bulloch was not used for this cameo appearance, which is uncredited. New Fett scenes were also added to Return of the Jedi, also using different actors.

A young Boba Fett appears in the middle episode of the "prequel trilogy", Attack of the Clones, portrayed by Daniel Logan. This is a fairly minor role, with more focus on his "father", Jango Fett.

Boba Fett was hands down the best of the Burger King Super Deformed toys from 2005's Episode III tie-in toy line. He's one of the water squirters, and the water comes from his left wrist gauntlet.

Boba Fett is also rumored to be a character in the forthcoming live action Star Wars TV series.



                    ####
                    #|--
                    #|
                    #|
                    #|               ____-------------____
                    #|           ####                     ####
                    #|        ###                             ###
                    #|     ###                                   ###
                    #|   ##                                         ##
                    #|  ##                                           ##
                    #| ##                                             ##
                   # |##                                               ##
                   # |##                                               ##
                  #  ##                                                 ##
                 #  #######################################################
                 #  #\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////////#  #
                 #  #\\###############################################//#  #
                 #  #\\\\##########################################/////#  #
                 #  #\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\##############//////////////////#  #
                 #  ##############\\\\\\\\\\######//////////#############  #
                 #  #################\\\\\\\######///////################  #
                 #  #########  ########\\\\\######/////########  ########  #
                 #  ######        ######\\\\######////######       ######  #
                 #  #####           #####\\\######///#####          #####  #
                 #  ####             ####\\\######///####            ####  #
                 #  ####              ###\\\######///###              ###  #
                 #  ###               ###\\\######///###              ###  #
                 #  ##                 ##\\\######///##                ##  #
                 #  ##                 ##\\\######///##                ##  #
                 #  ##                 ##\\\######///##                ##  #
               # #  #                  ##\\\######///##                 #  # #
                ###_####               ##\\\######///##              ####_###
                        ###            ##\\\######///##            ##
                           ###         ##\\\######///##         ###
                              ##       ##\\\######///##       ##
                                ###     #\\\######///##    ###
                                   ###  #\\\######///#  ###
                                      ###\\\######///###



Species:       Human
Sex:           Male

Class:         Foot
Type:          Bounty Hunter

All his lines: "What if he doesn't survive? He's worth a lot to me."
               "As you wish."
               "He's no good to me dead."
               "Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold."
               "What the?! Ahhhhhhh!"

Affiliation:   Free-lance (Bounty Hunter)

Boba Fett is the most fearsome, notorious and mysterious bounty hunter in the Galaxy. Quite a lot of tales have arisen over the years passed, yet very few facts are know about the man known as Boba Fett, and his link to Han Solo. A long long time ago, the man now known simply as Boba Fett, was known asJourneyman Protector Jaster Mareel. However, things changed when the ugly protector killed another protector. Although the dead subject at hand was corrupt and a disgrace to his uniform, Fett, or Mareel, was imprisoned for murder. He was later exiled and stripped of all property. It is not known how Mareel aquired the name of Boba Fett or the ancient Mandalorian battle armor.

After the Battle of Hoth, Darth Vader wanted to capture the fugitives inside the rebel craft known as the Millenium Falcon. He hired a "motley assortment" of bounty hunters, including Fett. Some time later, Fett managed to track down the Falcon from the ice planet Hoth to Bespin and recieved his bounty, and a carbonited version of Han Solo -- which he later sold off to Jabba the Hutt.

However, the prisoners tried to escape, and as a subsequent result they were to be placed in the "Great Pit of Carkoon", where a creature only known as The Sarlacc lived. Luke Skywalker, a young Jedi then rescued his friend from the Sarlacc, and Boba Fett was thrown out into the pit, where his death may have occured. However, the mythical Fett is reported to be alive and well and onto Solo's trail by some undisclosed news source, but nothing is comfirmed as of yet.


 "I thought nobody had ever gotten out of that thing...!"

 "They all tried the obvious way out. I didn't.
  They all went for the opening; I made an exit."

 -- Dark Empire, © Dark Horse Comics

Helmet:        Macrobinocular View plate with infrared scanner
              >Integrated motion and sound sensor system
              >Internal Comlink
              >Fire control Battle Computer
              >Environmental Filter System
              >Broad-Band Antenna
              >External Targeting Rangefinder

His helmet is the helmet of the Mandalorians, which he adapted. It has a filter system that protects against hazards such as gases and other chemicals, as well as a panoranic viewplate (or a "macrobinocular viewplate") and a broadband antenna similar to those of the infamous stormtroopers. In addition to that, the antenna registers targets in a targeting system, which allows him to keep track of and prioritize up to 30 targets in a builtin computer.

Armour:        Four layer Mandalorian armor suit;
              >1. DuraPlast Blast Plates
              >2. Power Armor Liner
              >3. Reinforced Armor Mesh Battle Suit
              >4. "Smart" Armor

In the front are the DuraPlast blast plates, which hinders and deflects impact. In the shirt is the power armor liner, which basically are two ceramic plates which disperses physical and blast impacts and reduces injuries as well as add protection from fire, cold and other hazards. A mesh is beneath the power armor liner to provide an intact suit. There are also a number of utility pouches on a belt, and side.


 "I bow to no one and I give service only for cause".
 "There is no greater good than Justice."

 -- Tales of The Bounty Hunters, © Dark Horse Comics

                                       __QMmm
                                     _gMMMMMB~__  _gMma__ .____
                                   _MMMMMMMR(MMMmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMe
                                  .MMMMMMMt _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM,
                                  _MMMMMMMm  3MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM)
                                  _MMMMMMMMMQMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM)
                                   _@MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
                                     3MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMT+` _,
                                       7MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMT'     _'
                                         /MMMMMMMMMMMMMT`       dME
                                           NMMMMMMMMMT`        _MMMp
                                .JMm        MMMMMMMF`          _MMMM~
                                3MMM]        9MMMF            .dMMMM~
                                _MMMm         4ME            _MMMMMT
                                 MMMMMm,      JMME       ._QMMMMMF
                                 /MMMMMMMe   ._MMB     _gMMMMMMMt
                                  3MMMMMMMMe._MMME    (MMMMMMMM%     ._.
                         _gMMMm,     dMMMMMM] "MMM.  JMMMMMMMMt    _MMMMMma,
                       .JMMMMMMMma   _MMMMMMMMmMMMm. MMMMMMMMP   .JMMMMMMMMMQ,
                      _MMMMMMMMMMMm,  JMMMMMMMMMMMMmAMMMMMMMMb _MMMMMMMMMMMMMME
                     _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMm  3MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME JMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!
                   _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME  _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMt _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmA_
                  _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:   MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME `    (MMMMMMMMMMMMMFMMMM]
                 _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMF'     MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME        3MMMMMMMMMMMmMMMME
                _MMMMMMMMMMMMMMt        /MMMTMMMMMMMMMMMMA         3MMMMMMMMMMMMMMm
                JMMMMMMMMMMMMT`           `` _MMMMMMT7MMMm           3MMMMMMMMMMMMM)
                dMMMMMMMMMMF~                 (MMMMME_MMMM            .9MMMMMMMMMMM]
                MMMMMMMMMM!                   JMMMF`_MMMMt              3MMMMMMMMMM]
               _MMMMMMMMR`               _gmm _MMMm,_MMM`                3MMMMMMMMME
               _MMMMMMME                _MMMMm_MMV"jMMMb                  _MMMMMMMMM
               dMMMMMME                 _MMMMMe    _MMM:                   dMMMMMMMMEa
               dMMMMMM]                 dMMMMMMp. _MMM|                    _MMMMMMMME
               4MMMMME                  dMMMMMM] _MMMM,                     MMMMMMMME
               _MMMMMM,                 3MMMMMM) (MMMB,                     dMMMMMMM%
                /MMMMMm,                 MMMMME  dMMMM,                    .MMMMMMMt
                 3MMMMMM,                 9MMMF  dMMMMb                    _MMMMMM%
                  /MMMMMM/.              .. 9M]  _MMMMD                  _gMMMMMM'
                    JMMMMMMm___.        /MM] Jm  _MMMT                _gMMMMMMMt
                      /VTTT"9""""^      _MM] JM` _MMt _,                 `^^'`
                                         MM]  MA _MM` ME
                                         3M]  ME  ME  M]
                                         _M`  dE  dE  M]
                                          7   /E  _E  3b
                                              _b  _$  _m.
                                                       J`
(Above) -- Boba Fett's shoulder tattoo. Limp Bizkit's Fred Durst supposedly has one on his lower arm.


Weapons:       BlasTech® EE-3 Rifle with Electronic scope
              >Czerka ZX Miniature Flame Projector
              >Kelvarek Consolidated Arms MM9 Mini Concussion Rocket
              >BlasTech® DUR-24 wrist lasers
              >Knee-Pad Rocket Dart Launchers
              >Spike Boots
The BlasTech® EE-3 is a formidable blaster and serves Fett well, but when you are supposed to be a walking arsenal you have to do a little better than that. For example, the Czerka ZX flamethrower mounted to top of his left wrist/arm is indeed useful, as well as dart lauchers in his kneepads. Fett has a mini concussion rocket launcher mounted by the side of in flamethrower in the gauntlet, BlasTech® wrist lasers, and spike boots for better grip and/or kicks. He carries type 12A concussion rockets, and 12B stun rockets. A magnetic accelerator fires the rockets up to 25m (~75ft).

Special:      >Fibercord Whip with Grappling Device
              >Mitrinomon Jet-Pack and thrusters
              >Shin Tools
The jet-pack allows Fett to soar up to 100m (~300ft) high or 70m (~210ft) sideways at a speed of 145 km/h (~90 mi/h). The thrusters which are located at each side of the jet-pack are controlled by a hand-mechanism that ensures great maneuverability. The fibercord whip and grappling hook are just above and behind his helmet and the max lenght of cord is 100m (~300ft). The grappling system can be replaced by an anti vehicle homing concussion missile.

Vehicles:     Slave I
             >Slave II*
Boba Fett's ship is the Slave I, which has an ion cannon, twin blaster cannons and a concussion missile launcher.


Source: misc starwars sites, including the official.
The Boba Fett ASCII was made by pebz. The tattoo was a gif from the Boba Fett fanclub, acsiizified.
Please /msg me with comments or additions. part of.
Revised Boba Fett History: Now contains updated information in accordance with George Lucas's movie, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones

Boba Fett is the pure clone of the late Jango Fett. Jango raised him personally like a son, and was a full father figure who was very devoted to Boba's welfare. While some doubt his love for his son, it was proven that Jango truly loves his clone as a son and not just as a selfish means to preserve himself, as seen in the comic book, Jango Fett, when he puts a paying mission on hold and plays "Starships" with Boba.

Boba was born on the watery planet Kamino and there, he spent the first 10 years of his life. He had always wanted to follow in his father's footsteps and become a bounty hunter. His father taught him ship maneuvering tricks, battle tactics and strategies, and how to fight. Apart from his physical training, he was also educated in other forms of knowledge, primarily by books at the Tipoca City Library. Jango considered it a waste of time, but he didn't stop Boba from reading. There was little else to do on that planet anyway. Boba had few friends, a librarian droid named Whrr and occasionally, bounty hunter Zam Wesell, who popped in when she had something to discuss with his father.

Prior to Jango's decapitation at Geonosis by Jedi Master Mace Windu, Boba was given an instructional video-booklet that would teach him what to do (as well as countless sayings, quotes, and teachings from Jango's personal bounty hunter code), in the event that he ever had an unfortunate accident. "When you open this, your childhood will be over," Jango said. When what happened happened, Boba buried his father on the planet and marked his grave with scavenged droid parts that marked the initials J.F. He then took Slave I and fled from Geonosis to retrieve the video-book his father presented him, which he had left with Whrr at the library. He sought out Tyranus for the remaining credits that were set aside for him, and proceeded to meet Jabba the Hutt...all this was under Jango's booklet's guidance. "Meet Tyranus for credits, Jabba for knowledge." Shortly after, he is taken to Raxus Prime and delivered into the hands of the Count by bounty hunter Aurra Sing, who then takes off with the Slave I as payment. Tyranus initially agrees to take Boba under his wing for his own purposes, but changes his mind after Boba finds out about the Force Harvester. Boba manages to escape when the Republic's armies invade Raxus Prime. He is mistaken for an orphan/refugee and is brought aboard the Republic's ships. On the ship, Boba makes his first and only friend, another orphan named Garr. He begins to enjoy his new life and considers staying with the orphans, however when he sees the Slave I piloted by Aurra Sing tailing them, he is reminded that he cannot throw away his past life. In a defining moment, Boba Fett decides to abandon friendship and pursue the life of a bounty hunter. When the ship makes a stop on Bespin, Boba meets with Aurra Sing. Boba learns that Jango had been saving up quite a fortune for his son in several vaults around the galaxy (only his DNA and retina scan could unlock them). Sing promises she can show him where they are, provided she gets a small cut of the money. As you can guess, Boba is swindled mercilessly on this deal.

During his subsequent adventures, Boba Fett is countlessly tricked, kidnapped, and betrayed. This leads to Boba's coming of age, where he loses his trustingness, innocence, and any shred of compassion or mercy he once had. We see the beginnings of how he eventually becomes known as "the most ruthless bounty hunter in the galaxy."

There are several explanations that tie in the new developements with old stories in the Expanded Universe, for example in Tales of the Bounty Hunters, Fett is said to be be Journeyman Protector Jaster Mereel. Instead, we learn that Jango's old friend and mentor was Jaster Mereel, the familiar green camo armour that Boba Fett wears once did belong to him. This is why some legends say that Mereel is Fett, due to the confusion. He isn't. Other myths also say Fett had once joined the Stormtroopers. That is also not true, it is probably due to the fact that many clones still existed in the Stormtrooper Battalions and he was mistaken as one of them, since they look exactly alike (or records trace it back to Fett).

Update: I have not yet been able to verify this information yet, but it comes from a reliable source. Many thanks to NothingLasts4ever for informing me about new plot developements. These are his exact words

"There are some new Boba Fett books coming out. Here's the blurb for the second one: Boba Fett is alone -- orphaned by the actions of the Jedi. Continuing his father's legacy, Fett steels his resolve to survive and follow in his father's footsteps. Bounty hunter Aurra Sing delivers young Fett to Count Dooku, the mysterious benefactor who hired Jango. Young Fett assumes that Dooku will help him, but the renegade Jedi has his own dark agenda. What Boba discovers on that war-torn world known as Raxus Prime will change his life. The Clone Wars continue to spread across the galaxy, and Fett is caught in their crossfire . His adventures will lead him from the refuse heaps of the galaxy to firefights among the clouds. Crossfire, the second book of the Boba Fett series is by Terry Bisson, and is scheduled for release in November by Scholastic Inc."

Sources:
Boba Fett: The Fight for Survival, Scholastic Inc.:2002
Boba Fett: Crossfire, Scholastic Inc.:2003
Star Wars: Databank, www.starwars.com/databank/bobafett/
The Essential Star Wars Guide to Characters: Revised

Despite what the movie may suggest, Boba Fett did not die in the Pit of Sarlac, assuming you accept extended universe as canon. In the book of Star Wars short stories "Tales from Jabba's Palace" one story details how Boba manages to barely make it out by setting off a series of explosions in Sarlac's belly, albeit at the cost of his mandalorian armour, which is mostly dissolved in the pit.

Other sources reveal that following his narrow escape, Boba was found sprawled on the Tatooine sand by fellow bounty hunter Dengar. Eventually Boba did catch up with Han Solo again on the world of Julibar, but after capturing him, he decided to let Han live out of respect for his long-time adversary, putting an end to their emnity.

Do note that all of this is based on patchy extended universe sources, so it is left open to much interpretation. However, the general premise that Boba Fett is alive and well is definitely an established Star Wars fact, leaving the possibility for him to appear in more stories in the future.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.