Cadillacs & Dinosaurs. Two things that may not seem to go together at first, but two of the defining elements in a fantasy universe where humans from the Fifties are dropped into a post-apocalyptic world of cavemen and dinosaurs. Some guy (Mark Schultz) made some comics about it. Shortly after, Capcom acquired the license to make a coin-operated video game around the comics.

Cadillacs & Dinosaurs is a three-player scrolling beat-'em-up in the vein of Captain Commando, Final Fight and Knights of The Round. Most of the time you're fighting cavemen and gangs, as well as the odd velociraptor. There are some bigger dinosaurs encountered later on acting in the capacity of bosses. (You never kill dinosaurs -- simply free them from enemy control. By beating them up.)

Cool things about the game include the liberal quantities of weapons (including machine guns and flaming torches), the gore, and the occasional level where you got to drive the Cadillac. The animation of the human characters is good, but on the dinosaurs it is unusually poor.

IMO, C&D plays considerably better than Captain Commando and Final Fight, but none of these games really have lasting appeal, once you've seen all they have to offer.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.