The Citation X (that is X as in the roman numeral for 10) was, as of the time of its introduction, the fastest subsonic Business jet available in the world with a cruise speed of mach .91 or in laymens terms, f4st with a capital 4.

The aircraft has some distinctive features such as HUGE engine nacelles and an odd looking vertical Stabilizer that seems to hang out 5 feet behind the airplane and a fairing on the belly that almost touches the ground, it looks awkward but is actually very aerodynamic, the wings also have a very large sweep to them of 37 degrees.

If all that speed wasn't enough then one look at the cockpit would put any geek at ground zero for gadget heaven, there are not one or two or three, not even 4 but count them boys and girls five yes that correct 5 primary multifunction displays (MFD) all the monitoring services and attitude indication you could possibly want.

The reviews I have read state that even with the severe sweep to the wing the plane actually handles well in slow speed flight, this can be attributed to the automatic extension of the leading edge slats.

If I ever need to get from Los Angeles to New York in a big hurry this is the way I would do it.

Some stats:
     Outside dimensions:
Wingspan........................63.6 ft (19.4 m)
Overall height..................19.0 ft (5.8 m)
Overall length..................72.3 ft (22.0 m)
     interior dimensions:
Height (max. over aisle)........5.6 ft (1.70 m)
Width...........................5.5 ft (1.70 m)
Length (Pressure vessel)........28.3 ft (8.6 m)
     Weights:
Max ramp weight.................36,400 lbs (16,510 kg)
Max takeoff weight..............36,100 lbs (16,375 kg)
Max Landing weight..............31,800 lbs (14,424 kg)
Max fuel (usable)@6.7lbs/gal....12,938 lbs (5,869 kg)
Payload with full fuel..........1,362 lbs (617 kg)
Range w/45 minute reserve.......2800 nm 

sources:
http://www.flug-revue.rotor.com/FRHeft/FRH9609/FR9609a.htm
stats shamelssly lifted from
http://citationx.cessna.com/home.chtml

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.