Transforms from plane to robot and back!

DECEPTICON: CYCLONUS

FUNCTION: SABOTEUR
"Compassion is the Autobots downfall."

Cyclonus is a huge and emotionless air warrior. He has vast resources of power and can draw strength in direct proportion to his need. Cyclonus is equipped with nuclear-powered turbine engines which enable him to reach speeds greater than Mach 2. In robot mode, he carries an oxidating laser that fuses an enemy robot's internal mechanisms. Cyclonus has no weaknesses and no interests other than conquest.

  • Strength: 8
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 9
  • Endurance: 8
  • Rank: 9
  • Courage: 9
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 7
Transformers Tech Specs


From the movie onwards, Cyclonus basically functioned as Galvatron's right-hand man (and occasionally, the keeper of his sanity). He was formed from the near-dead body of Skywarp by Unicron, and for the duration of the movie only had the power to clone himself a couple of times like Scourge did.

The toy was a beautiful futuristic jet, with a sunken cockpit and swept-forward wings. The robot mode had a strangely sunken head with an enormous horned helmet which, thankfully, was minimized for the purpose of the cartoon. A "blue-eared" version of the robot is apparently quite rare and sells for obscene amounts of money on eBay.



In 1987, Cyclonus was re-released as a Targetmaster with an updated tech spec:

An emotionless marauder whose single-minded purpose is to destroy the Autobots. Incapable of fear. Paired with Nightstick, a Nebulan master criminal who doubles as a blinding, corroding black-beam gun. In space jet mode, has nuclear-powered turbine engines that allow him to cruise at Mach 2 in suborbital altitudes and achieve escape velocity for interstellar space travel.

  • Strength: 8
  • Intelligence: 8
  • Speed: 10
  • Endurance: 5
  • Rank: 6
  • Courage: 10
  • Firepower: 4
  • Skill: 5
Transformers Tech Specs


Once again, the addition of a self-guiding Targetmaster weapon has the bizarre effect of diminishing a Transformer's firepower rating. Nightstick must be one crappy shot.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.