More daylog stuff.

I'm feeling better than usual this week I think. I feel a sense of excitement for the holidays, which is unusual for me. I think I just look forward to having nothing to do for a few weeks. Maybe I'll read a book, or become a chess grandmaster, or catch up on my latin. 

The old computer restoration is happening. Lots of packages coming in for that. The ancient graphics card is on its way. I bought the wrong one, but found a dude that's willing to trade me the correct card in exchange for the card I bought, because it's worth a lot more than I paid for it. I just don't feel like going through the work of reselling it, taking pictures and packaging it and all that garbage. So in the end he ends up exchanging his worse card for my better one, and in return I get what I wanted initially without having to do any extra work, we both win. Assuming I don't get scammed, but he seems to have a good reputation.

The MS-DOS floppies have arrived, the Wordstar 4.0 floppies have arrived, in theory all I have to do is pop the card into the PC and install everything and it will be a dream come true. In practice it might just outright not work, or one of the floppies has bad sectors. Who knows.

I got the Chess.com Diamond-whatever. I've been a participant in the Lichess open-source circlejerk for a while (it's free, and there's more features in the lichess free version than Chess.com free version, and so forth), but I'd heard such great things about the analysis features of Chess.com that I finally decided to give their Diamond whatever a try. It's better by an extreme amount, in my opinion. I have been using it a lot, and will probably just transition over to Chess.com. (What have I become?)

New medication. Now I'm on five medications, and I fell asleep at 6:00 AM last night. It's mildly distressing but it's whatever. She said I can go up to two pills if one doesn't work, so there is some hope that it will work. We'll see. I really don't like my provider that much. Every time we meet, she says "when we measured your heartrate it was high, so I'm going to put you on a medication to slow your heart." Every time, I reply "I think it was high because I was in a very busy hospital environment with a bunch of wires hooked up to me. I am not willing to take a medication that slows my heart." I've told her that five times and she still doesn't seem to remember because this new medication she put me on slows my heart. It's also impossible to book an appointment before like two full months ahead of time, and she seems so joyless when we meet that it almost feels like outright hostility. I hate it so much but there's really nothing I can do.

I don't know if I have much else to say. Tired tired tired. Excited for Christmas, excited to see my relatives, excited for the old pc, dreading my latin final, dread dread dread because I'm 6% away from failing the class. I just have to get above 70% on the final though and I'm fine.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.