Donald Glaude is by far one of America's favorite DJs. He has more energy in one mix than most DJs put into an entire set. His energy doesn't just stop at his music. He is one of the few DJs who is actually a musician, entertainer, and performer. At every show you will see Glaude with his hands and arms in the air. Don't be surprised if you see him dancing next to you at a rave or striking up a conversation with you.

Mixing techno, house, breakbeat, garage, and trance is nothing new to him. He has been DJing for over 14 years. He started his career in his hometown of Tacoma, Washington, scratching and mixing on mismatched turntables and a Radio Shack mixer. In a club and rave barren Tacoma everything that Glaude did he taught himself. Before long he was DJing at Seattle clubs. During his first few years of performing he met another DJ named Dan. Soon DJ Dan talked Funky Tekno Tribe into letting Donald Glaude spin at one of their raves. Of course it didn't take long for him to become a permanent resident of Funky Tekno Tribe, and to become a raver's favorite DJ.

Now Glaude spins regularly at clubs and raves all across the country. The Moonshine record label has signed him and he has two mixed CDs out. His first is Sampling the Future: An Introduction to Electronic Sound of America (1997 release) and his latest is Off the Hook (1999 release). He is currently working on another mixed CD and lives in Seattle with his wife and children.

Anyone who has a love and/or respect for electronic music and the opportunity to see Glaude perform should jump at the chance.


Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.