ABC sitcom created by Steve Bochco and David E. Kelley that debuted on September 19, 1989 and ran through July 21, 1993. Doogie Howser, a child prodigy, was the focus of the show. He finished his education at a very young age and became a doctor. Most episodes were about him dealing with the adult responsibilities he had in his work environment and still trying to live like a semi-normal teenager. He had a dopey best friend, Vinnie, a cute girlfriend, Wanda, and a doctor for a father. Every show ended with Doogie typing an entry into his electronic journal, documenting the profound lessons he learned over the course of the episode.

It's interesting to note that this same actor later performed the role of the narrator, Mark, in the 1997-98 L.A. production of Rent, which left everyone thinking, "I didn't know Doogie Howser could sing!"

Cast:

  • Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Douglas "Doogie" Howser
  • James B. Sikking as Dr. David Howser
  • Belinda Montgomery as Katherine Harris
  • Max Casella as Vinnie Delpino
  • Lawrence Pressman as Dr. Benjamin Canfield
  • Mitchell Anderson as Dr. Jack McGuire (1989-1991)
  • Kathryn Layng as Nurse Curly Spaulding
  • Lisa Dean Ryan as Wanda Plenn (1989-1992)
  • Lucy Boryer as Janine Stewart (1989-1992)
  • Markus Redmond as Ray, on Alexander (1990-1993)

Sources:
http://www.classic-tv.com/shows/doogiehowser.html
http://www.eonline.com/Facts/People/Bio/0,128,6830,00.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.