1. What is your name?

It's Janis. Never really felt terribly attached to it though, so feel free to call me some variation of hamster bong if it suits you.

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

I'm not particularly interesting. I am a 28 year old female who resides in Canada. I am currently in the process of becoming a nurse after years of floundering through life. Not to create a misunderstanding, mind you, I am still completely unsure of myself nearly all the time.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

Interestingly enough I'm not sure I recall precisely how I ended up finding the site. I have a suspicion that it has something to do with an Australian, IRC, and slashdot. For the record I don't consider myself part of the original crew, just someone who stumbled along at the end of everything/beginning of E2.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Everything ToasterLeavings wrote. Of course there are many, many others but I haven't the slightest idea how I'd begin to list them all. I tend to bookmark or cool many of them so that would be a good indication. I am rather critical of my own "writing" and wouldn't say any is worth a favourite designation.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

I remember quite vividly when Pseduo_Intellectual cooled one of my nodes... I can't even recall which it was, just the feeling associated. Silly, perhaps, but one of my favourite memories. Meeting yossarian, perdedor and WickerNipple for the first time. There may have been others there but forgive me as it was a long time ago. The seasonal messages from doyle are also a fond memory for me (and luckily still on-going). All of the postcards and letters I received in the early days, and the sunsets. Hands down best memory related to E2's history is the Wicked Retahded gathering that cahla put together. No competition, truly. I don't have least favourites, most memories are good ones... if I had to list anything it would be the fact that I always hope that it absolutely pours rain on September 10th every year.

6. What keeps you coming back?

Always the people and their words - my inbox and the occasional text that comes my way.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

I hope it is always around.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

It has been a constant in my life for the past 10 years and I suppose that is something in itself. I associate E2 with the people and things I've read and it sort of encompasses everyone I keep up with as a result. It is more of a phenomenon/community than a website, to me. That is to say I am one of those sentimental sorts.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

This is such a loaded question and hardly fair. Too many favourites, I hope you know who you are... I miss everyone, most of the time.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

I don't think I would warrant a significant role... I would be one of those extras that walked through a scene or something.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

I'm bad at this... I'm going to cop out of this one.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

I think these are sufficient.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact hamster bong or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.