Faith Hill is a country music singer who has gradually drifted more and more toward mainstream pop and R&B over a ten year career that has marked a steady climb towards greater and greater fame. She has sold over 25 million records worldwide and has garnered ten no. 1 singles and eleven no. 1 music videos.

Faith Hill was born Audrey Faith Perry Hill in Star, Mississippi on September 21, 1967, and grew up singing in church events, family reunions and country fairs. At age 19 she moved to Nashville to try to break into country music. After working odd jobs for five years, Hill was finally discovered while working as a secretary at a music publishing house.

In 1993, Hill released her first album, Take Me As I Am, and her single "Wild One" spent four weeks at no. 1. Between 1994 and 1996 Hill toured the US and Canada with the likes of Reba McEntire, Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson, and George Strait, becoming one of country music's most popular live performers. In 1995 she released her second album, It Matters To Me. Hill began to gain increasing attention for her looks as well as her voice, and that year was named one of People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people.

In 1996, Hill focused on her charity work and personal life, launching the Faith Hill Family Literacy Project to help end illiteracy around the world and marrying country music star Tim McGraw. She also contributed on two benefit albums with proceeds going to the Pediatric AIDS Foundation.

1997 found Hill back in the studio, and the following year she released her third album, Faith. Faith marked the start of Hill's move toward a more mainstream sound, and she scored a huge success with her single "The Kiss"

Hill quickly followed up Faith with 1999's Breathe. With Breathe, Hill became a true superstar. The album has sold over 11 million copies, and Hill received a slew of awards. Following Breath Hill became a spokesmodel for CoverGirl Cosmetics, made numerous appearances on TV shows and at sporting events, and in 2001 she contributed the song "There You'll Be" to the soundtrack of the high-profile Pearl Harbor movie.

Recently, Hill released her fifth studio album, Cry (2002).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.