Get Your War On is a raucous, minimalist comic strip about the crazy shit that has gone on in America, Afghanistan and, more recently, Iraq, since September 11, 2001. It is made by the same crazy motherfucker who put together My New Fighting Technique Is Unstoppable, located at http://www.mnftiu.cc/.

The art is almost too simple to be called art. Like the other art on mnftiu, it consists basically entirely of monochromatic clip art and word balloons, which works since the art is really secondary to the dialogue.

And oh, the dialogue. It's sarcastic, ironic (the dictionary definition, not the Alanis Morrisette one), caustic and, in that twenty-first century pop culture kind of way, a little bit beautiful. I think Tycho of Penny Arcade said it's like he creates poetry from swearing.

I heartily recommend paying a visit to Get Your War On. Such topics as land mines in Afghanistan, Anthrax, kickass 5,000-pound bombs, holy wars, Enron, Voltron, Exxon Mobil, war with Iraq, and Henry Kissinger are covered and skewered, one by one. This guy is raising money for mine detection efforts in Afghanistan, and based on the popularity of his work, it warms my heart to think how many lives he might have helped save with a big ol' pile of swearing.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.