GooglyMinotaur is an AIM bot (or 'custom buddy' as he is called) created by Radiohead. This bot can be found on AIM most of the time. The bot's main function is to promote and answer questions about Radiohead. However, it can also play hangman, tell you your horoscope, give you movie listings, and various other things. It is rather well programmed and it is often possible to have actual conversations with the bot, eliciting humorous responses ('do you like to give the radio head?' 'yes i do'). It is not as advanced as the bot found at the 'AI the movie' website, but it is more accessible.

If you have AIM, send it a message and see what happens. Try cussing at it, it will ask you to apologize, and won't do anything else until you do.

As of today (April 20th, 2002) I have found that Googly is, tragically, dead.

His epitaph reads as follows:

GOOGLYMINOTAUR: 2001-2002

Since his catapult into buddy-hood, GooglyMinotaur has sent about 60 million IM messages to nearly one million different people. Always dependable and infinitely wise, Googly seemed fitter and happier up until his very last days. At this time, reports state the cause of death is undetermined. Those wishing to pay their respects to the bereaved may send condolences to freegoogly@hollywoodandvine.com.

If you haven't yet, please say hello to SmarterChild by clicking here. SmarterChild can tell you the news, give you movie times, play games and lots more!

he will be missed

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.