"Ye wanted ter see me, Dumbledore?"

"Yes, Rubeus. I was concerned about your textbook selection for the third-year students. The Monster Book of Monsters is a bit of a difficult tome for children who have only taken two years of Defense Against the Dark Arts classes."

"Oh, it's nothin' they can't handle! And if it's too much for them, that's nothin' Madame Pomfrey can't handle."

"St. Mungo's, as the case might be. You are aware that the students have to procure their books on their own and bring them?"

"Well, yeah."

"Hagrid, do you even like the students?"

"No."

"Oh? But surely they are interested in magical beasts."

"Some of them. The rest look bored and never learn anything. I'm sure I can get them interested, but you have to let me use interesting creatures for once! I can't work with flobberworms and bowtruckles forever."

"Your idea of interesting has proven to be dangerous on numerous occasions. Besides the giant spider —"

"I was a stupid kid then!"

"—and the dragon—"

"How'd you find out about that?"

"—you asked me yesterday if you could use Hippogriffs in your classes."

"They're majestic an' noble creatures! Perfect fer students who want t' learn about how magical beasts can be intelligent and wise."

"Hm. Well, if you think it would make the students pay attention..."

"You mean I can use them?"

"Yes. Please understand, though, that Master Potter will be attending your classes, and that you need to be careful with him. We want the Boy Who Lived to continue living so we can...ah, but that's a conversation for later."

"Thank ye, Albus. I'll make sure the Hippogriffs don't eat Harry."

"Very good. I'd hate for him to go to waste.'

"What was that?"

"Nothing. You may go."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.