This shouldn't exist.

You've seen How the Grinch Stole Christmas!. At one point in your life, you've probably witnessed the video case for The Grinch Grinches the Cat in the Hat sitting on the K-Mart shelves. But a Halloween special? "Don't make shit up," you protest.

But it's (sadly) true. In this ridiculous sequel to the Christmas special that should have stopped with the one cartoon, The Grinch is back to his old tricks again, this time insisting that Halloween is too cheery for his tastes.

In Halloween is Grinch Night, The Grinch, presumably back to normal after the whole Christmas ordeal, reprises his role as villain in an identical fashion. Some horn or siren signals the beginning of Grinch Night in Whoville, and our hero sets out to terrorize the Whos once again. "Luckily," a little who-boy ventures forth to save Whoville, and the Grinch again sees the error of his ways and becomes good again. But it kind of loses its effect, as we've seen this exact plot before in the original, and it's disappointing to see that the reformation of Mr. Grinch didn't last very long. If it didn't last before, why would it work this time? The Grinch sequels always bothered me like that, but at least Theodor Geisel, or Dr. Seuss, was not dead at the time, and probably had some say in them. That wasn't the case for that abomination with Jim Carrey that was recently put out.

On the plus side, we get to see Max the reindeer dog again in this cartoon, as well as some neat-o psychedelic scenes comparable to the drug induced wonders from The Butter Battle Book (which remains my favorite work of Seuss).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.