An old puzzle game for the Macintosh that came out in about 1992. It had a heavy New Age theme, but the puzzles in it were quite good, and many were innovative. It kicks ass over the Smart Games series, at least.

I don't remember all the games, but a few were:

  • A pseudo-3D Jigsaw Puzzle, in which you needed to arrange 3-d shaped bitmaps on top of each other to make a certain image. It was tricky, because some of the 3D images were optical illusions which were impossible unless you thought of the pieces as simple bitmaps.
  • A mouse-driven puzzle, in which you had to control several cursors with one mouse, in order to move blocks around. Sometimes the cursor motion would be opposite the mouse motion, or worse.
  • Various figure ground puzzles.
  • Another mouse-driven puzzle, in which you used your mouse to influence a pendulum to swing around and touch various hotpoints.
  • A unique type of rummy card game with a new age flavor, i.e. match up the seasons on the cards for points, get bonus points if you match certain phenomena which could appear randomly on any card.
If you wanted to, you could also take the 'journey', which was a kind of challenge in which you had to solve 100 puzzles off all types and difficulty levels in the order in which they were given you.

A Japanese film (1990, Japanese title: ten to chi to), written and directed by Haruki Kadokawa, about the inconclusive contest between sengoku warlords Takeda Shingen and Uesugi Kenshin, who met each other five times in 10 years on the same battlefield at Kawanakajima in the Northern Japanese Alps without a victory for either side. While the story line can be disjointed and hard to follow at times, the awe-insipring battle sequences that employed 10,000 extras and feature historically accurate battle formations are not to be missed by even the most casual fans of Japanese History or the samurai movie genre. Truly some of the finest battle scenes ever filmed.

A movie about the Vietnam War adapted from the book "When Heaven and Earth Changed Places". It was directed and produced by Olvier Stone and is the third in the Vietnam Trilogy consiting of Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July.

This movie, whereas Platoon and Born on the Fourth of July, take place from the view of soldiers, takes the point of view of a Vietnam native. Le Ly is the main character in Heaven and Earth. We follow Le Ly from early childhood to maturity and motherhood.

A breif syopsis of the film states that Le Ly was caught between a vicious war between the Viet Cong and the South Vietnamese army. She was raped by one side and tortured by the other. She then leaves to become a prostitute in Saigon. She meets up with Sgt. Steve Butler by running with his pre-payment for her "services". He eventually catches her, and instead of beating the living snot out of her, he falls in love. They empathize with eachother, to quote Le Ly, "Different skin, same suffering", and fall in love. Le Ly and Sgt. Butler marry and move to San Diego, California. Le Ly grows in her independence much to the disapproval of Sgt. Butler. He wants her to be a housemaker, not an entreprenuer. They frequently fight, and eventually Butler shoots himself in his van. Le Ly returns to Vietnam to visit her father's house, accompanied by her children. The film then ends with a 3-4 minute monologue narrated by Le Ly.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.