I met her today, the girl I used to be. She was sat in my seat, with my coffee, with my guy. I was speechless, breathless. Why would he bring her to the place we used to come? He must have known that I would turn up eventually. Maybe that was why he was here, he wanted to show me that he was happy without me. Well whatever his plan was, it worked.

She wasn’t what I expected, she was shorter than me, purple hair that needed some attention, and she could be pretty, but nothing how I imagined her to be. I wanted to walk up to him and say the long practiced speech I had prepared for a moment like this, but I chickened out as I didn’t want to see him, I didn’t want to see the girl I used to be. Its strange how all these memories came flooding back because I haven’t thought about him for a long time, I’ve moved on, and by the looks of it, so had he. Even listening to our song didn’t bring tears anymore, just a sadness of how he threw everything away in London. Its London’s fault, I blame London.

But seeing him today made me realise that I don’t miss him, I don’t miss how it used to be, I'm happier now, I don’t have to make plans, I don’t have to fit my friends around him, I'm free, and I'm happy.

Are you two better off together? I guess if it means a lot to you, you're better off without me.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.