Piercing involving two opposing holes connected with a barbell. Normally done in the ear, rarely done in the navel and I'd imagine other places as well. Can be a bitch to heal for obvious reasons, and for God's sake people, don't get one on both sides at the same time unless you like staring at the ceiling on your back trying to go to sleep every night for ages.

Genre of music containing many varying elements. Generally consists of electronically created music that is darker than techno or electronica. Einstuerzende Neubauten is considered one of the first experimental industrial bands, and the genre became popular with the ascent of industrial rock bands such as KMFDM, Ministry, and Nine Inch Nails.

In*dus"tri*al (?), a. [Cf. F. industriel, LL. industrialis. See Industry.]

Consisting in industry; pertaining to industry, or the arts and products of industry; concerning those employed in labor, especially in manual labor, and their wages, duties, and rights.

The great ideas of industrial development and economic social amelioration. M. Arnold.

Industrial exhibition, a public exhibition of the various industrial products of a country, or of various countries. -- Industrial school, a school for teaching one or more branches of industry; also, a school for educating neglected children, and training them to habits of industry.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.