WARNING! SPOILERS LIKE CRAZY! HEAD FOR THE CELLAR!


Title: The Day the Earth Stood Still
Release Date: February 1997
Writer: Grant Morrison
Penciller: Howard Porter
Inker: John Dell
JLA Members: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, and the Martian Manhunter.
Bad Guys: The Hyperclan (Protex, Primaid, Armek, Zenturion, A-Mortal, Zum, Fluxus, and Tronix).

So what happens?
Most of the planet still thinks the Hyperclan are good guys, and it's a big media event when they raise huge "watchtowers" in the Antarctic, the Gobi Desert, and in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The JLA split up to take on the Hyperclan at their watchtowers: Superman and Batman head for Antarctica, Wonder Woman takes off for the Pacific, and Flash, Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter zip off for the Gobi Desert.

If there's any doubt about the Hyperclan's loyalties, they're all cleared up when Fluxus announces to Wonder Woman their intention to kill the JLA and enslave the planet. A very grumpy Aquaman joins her, but Fluxus cleans Aquaman's clock, and Tronix zaps Wonder Woman.

Meanwhile, Flash and Green Lantern meet up out in the Gobi when the Hyperclan attack. Flash takes off after Zum, and GL is ambushed by Armek and Zenturion. Hey, where's the Martian Manhunter? He's having a secret meeting with Protex! Who's side is he on, anyway?

Meanwhile, in the Antarctic, A-Mortal blows the Batplane out of the sky, and Protex knocks Superman on his back with a fragment of Kryptonite. Oh, man! We're done for!

Cool Quotes!
Reporter to the skull-faced A-Mortal: "Are you considering plastic surgery, A-Mortal?"
A-Mortal: "No comment."

Aquaman: "I'll decide what my problems are, Diana, and the sea is my responsibility, not yours."
Wonder Woman: "Oh, stop posturing, Arthur. 'The sea is my responsibility.' What a ridiculous thing to say."

Back | Index | Forward

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.