In my freshman year of high school, I took a trip to the library. I told my teacher I had an English project I desperately need to get done. But I just wanted to play on the computer.

After a good 5 minutes on the computer, and realizing most of the games were blocked (can't have kids having fun in school, can we?), I decided to look around at the books. I eventually came to a section labeled "Books Banned from the (school name) Library." The books under this sign included Huckleberry Finn and all the Harry Potter Books (I cant remember how many). Needless to say, I was pissed.

Curious, as Huckleberry Finn was a classic, I decided to see why it was banned. It was banned due to the depiction of African Americans being "stupid and uneducated." This pissed me off even more. Yes, there are many educated, sucessful African Americans in our world, and yes, there are uneducated ones as well. Same with every single race or type or ethnicity out there. Whites, Asians, Eskimos, even Mormons. The person being black shouldn't have had anything to do with it, and I'm willing to bet that if the person was white, no one would had fucking cared, because that's what kind of world we live in!!

But that's not the point.
*takes deep breath*
I'm going to move on before this turns into a racial rant.

Being a Freshman, I really didn't want to do anything that might make a senior look at me. So I checked out Misery by Stephen King. What a disturbing book.

(To those wondering why Harry Potter was banned, some very religious folk decided it was bad to deal with witches and wizards. I didnt really care about this, because Harry Potter isn't very interesting anyway.)

This was a good weekend...

I haven't seen Bo since graduation, and he was having his party on Saturday. Jessica came up after work and we drove to Columbus to pick up an air matress. It was kind of a strange drive because for some reason we fought quite a bit. I'm not exactly sure why. We hadn't seen each other for a week and we were getting on each other's nerves.

We got to Bo's house and had a few drinks before Cheese drove us to a local bar. We had a few drinks and met up with some friends. The night was relatively uneventful except for when we were leaving the second bar we went to, we almost got into a fight with some of the biggest douche bags I have ever met. It all started when one of them started pointing at myself and a few friends and saying that he could kick our ass. Well, that started us into making fun of them until they started to leave. One of them flicked a lit cigarette at me and walked out. He said something to the effect of me not having the balls to walk outside, and when I did, they completely backed down. After we yelled for a while, they left and a cop car came up. The cops were telling us if we started yelling at anybody else, that we would be arrested and that they would let their dog out of the car to bite us. We just laughed in their faces until they left. This dog was a yellow lab. How funny is that? Its nickname was "kilo" because it found 26 pounds of cocaine or something. That was pretty much the end of that night.

The next day Bo and I did some cardio, then went back to the house where there was a lot of food being cooked. I started into my bottle of Jack Daniels, probably a little early. People started to show up and the party started. We were playing games and drinking and generally having a good time. I finished my bottle by 8, but decided to keep drinking whiskey. I passed out with Jessica around 12. The next day we had a few sandwiches and sat around talking all day. Jessica and I left around 5 to go to the Schmall's house so I could get my hair cut. It was really fun hanging out with John, Biggie, Jill and Doc. I got my hair cut the way I wanted, and we went back to Dayton so Jessica could get her car and drive down to Cincy. It was a great weekend.

It is times like these when I feel I have multiple sets of parents. Bo's and Schmall's parents absolutely love me and I really enjoy hanging out with them. Monday night I am going to Jessica's house to hang out with the family and spend the 4th together. Should be a good time...good times

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.