Kiehl's is a personal care supply store in New York City that was founded in 1851 as an apothecary. They carry various high-quality products for hair, face, and body, several of which contain herbal ingredients with therapeutic properties. Several of their products are available in department stores in some US cities, but to get the full Kiehl's experience, one has to go to the source. There have been lines out the door at the NYC store, where the customer service representatives hand out generous samples of every product in their line upon request.

Kiehl's uses very basic product packaging, and many of their containers can be reused for other purposes (the labels peel off very easily and then voilà! - a bottle to put a portion of liquid products you buy in bulk.)

The company recently launched a website (kiehls.com), and they have posted their company mission therein:

"A worthwhile firm must have a purpose for its existence. Not only the everyday work-a-day purpose to earn a just profit, but beyond that, to improve in some way the quality of the community to which it is committed. Each firm - as should each person - contributes to those around it; and by dint of its day-to-day efforts, the message it thereby imparts is a revelation of the quality standard at which its life’s work is conducted.

We here at Kiehl’s hope that through the quality of our products, by the manner in which our day-to-day contacts are concerned with truth, justice, and fairness, we can in some way communicate to those who may not have been aware of it that these qualities are eternal and renewable every day, making for better citizens, better firms, and better communities."

These very popular products are staples in many people's personal care routines. It's a company you can feel good about supporting, and you'll probably feel very good when you use their products.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.