Klutz is also the name of a VERY cool company that manufactures how-to type books, mostly targeted at children, but fun for all ages. The company started with a few college students and their book, "The World's Tackiest Postcards". Now they have scores of creative and educational books to their name, all coming with some sort of prop or tool to compliment whatever the book is trying to teach you.

Nowadays, Klutz is churning out books such as the Etch a Sketch book and some pipe cleaner stuff, but their best books, which truly promoted mischevious creativity in children, were made in the late 80s and early 90s. I recommend Kids' Shenanigans (I actually made their Rube Goldberg style egg- drop contraption!); the Klutz Book of Magic, which has an awesome scarf dissappearing trick that my brother used while he performed as a clown at Hershey Park; The Buck Book, which comes with the instant $1 rebate I never, ever used;Explorabook and Earthsearch, which are very educational in a subtle kind of way; and The Amazing Clay Book. All of these books have provided me with hours upon hours of enjoyment, and I tore them apart doing all their activities.

Oh, and there's also the famous Juggling for the Complete Klutz, which "taught the country to juggle".

Klutz isn't just a book company; I have ordered many juggling supplies from their Flying Apparatus Catalogue, such as a unicycle, devil sticks, and jester balls. All of their stuff is high quality, and the company is often imitated, but never duplicated.

And it all started with a few college students and a bunch of silly postcards.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.