Born in 1912 in France as Lucie Samuel. She went on to become one of the most important figures in France's national psyche regarding World War II.

She married Raymond Aubrac, and the couple became heavily involved in The French Resistance in Lyon. In 1941, along with Emmanuel d'Astier Lucie formed the newspaper Libération, which is still going strong today, offering left-wing views on the French political scene.

On 21st June 1943, Raymond Aubrac was arrested, with his comrades, by the Gestapo. Exactly four months later, he was rescued by his wife and a team of commandos. Following this, they were evacuated to London, as Paris was an unsafe place for members of the resistance during the war.

After the second world war finished, Lucie Aubrac became a campaigner for human rights. In 1984, her largely-autobiographical book, Outwitting The Gestapo ("Ils Partiront Dans L'Ivresse") was published.

The film version arrived in 1997.
Director / Screenwriter - Claude Berri (Manon des Sources, Jean de Florette)
Lucie Aubrac - Carole Bouquet
Raymond Aubrac - Daniel Autueil
Klaus Barbie - Heino Ferch
Serge - Eric Boucher
Max - Patrice Chereau
Hardy - Pascal Greggory
Maurice - Jean-Roger Milo

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.