I always keep a pack of Lucky Strikes in the car on long trips, because I usually smoke Drum and I've found it impractical to roll cigarettes at 90 mph. Honestly, I can't tell them apart from any other variety of instant cigarettes (barring menthol, filters, and other atrocities), but there's a pack of Luckies on the floor next to David Johansen's foot on the cover of the first New York Dolls record, and that's as good a reason as any.

I prefer Lucky Strike. They taste better than Marlboro, of course since taste is a very personal thing it goes without saying that this is just my view on the matter.

This is what can be read on the side of the Lucky Strike pack (in Norway):
"Luckies are a blend of the finest American, Turkish and other choice tobaccos.
Their manufacture includes
the Lucky Strike process, it's toasted.
Made under license from
Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation,
Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.A.
Imported by J.L.Tiedemanns Tobaksfabrik, Oslo"


Smoking cigaretters, preferably Lucky Strike, is one of my favorite hobbies while writing nodes.

Cigarette packaging oddity

When viewed sideways, the Lucky Strike packaging can easily be described as resembling a Japanese flag, with its characteristic rising sun. On the Luckies pack the sun has a stylized shockwave surrounding it, giving associations to a nuclear blast. The sun has Lucky Strike - It's toasted written in it with large black letters.

On the top of the pack the title says Luckies: An American Original

LUCKY
STRIKE

"IT'S TOASTED"

My Dad has smoked Lucky Strike cigarettes for as long as I can remember.

Anyway, a typical pack of Lucky Strike contains "20 Class A Cigarettes." They're manufactured by Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corporation out of Kentucky.

I have an interesting tidbit of info that not many people know about. On the bottom of every pack of Lucky Strike, you'll see this:

L.S./M.F.T.

This strange looking code stands for "Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco"

Surgeon General's Warning: Quitting Smoking Now Greatly Reduces Serious Risks to Your Health. (Copied verbatim from the pack of Luckies I grabbed off my Dad's shelf.)

L.S./M.F.T.

In the film Blue in the Face, Harvey Keitel and Jim Jarmusch have (to my mind anyway) an extremely interesting conversation about smoking in general and about Lucky Strikes in particular.

In the course of that conversation, Harvey Keitel says when he was a kid the joke used to be that L.S./M.F.T. stood for "Loose Stomach Means Full Toilet."

Frankly, I'm not sure which version I like better.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.