Member of the fascist Nationalsozialist (National Socialist) political party, which controlled Germany from 1933 to 1945. One who resembles such a person.

"Man, those Nazis dug parades." - me, to a classmate while watching Triumph of the Will

The German political party led by Adolf Hitler immediately before and during World War II. They were incredibly suppressive on non-Aryan ethnic groups, especially Jews, Gypsies and the Polish. Undesirables and those ethnic groups persecuted by the Nazis were sent to Concentration Camps where they were killed. This is known as the Holocaust.

"Nazi" is a trademark of TSR, inc - at least if you believe the urban legend.

One of the cardboard figures that came with TSR's old Indiana Jones game had a Nazi soldier, and it had a ™ symbol at the base.

The trademark was apparently only for the Nazi soldier picture, but many people thought that TSR had trademarked the term "Nazi"! Besides of that fact, the trademarks related to Indy belong to Lucasfilm, not TSR...

The damage was done, however: this one of the reasons why many people called TSR "Trademark Symbol Required"... =) To see another nazi/TSR connection, see TSR Copyright Debate.

I learned of this myth via Usenet and Murphy's Rules, and the myth was debunked here: http://www.pick.ucam.org/rpgfaq.html

The full name of the Nazi party was Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei (National Socialist German Workers Party) often abbreviated as NSDAP.

The fundemental principle of the variously named Fascist Parties was the rejection of the Marxist dialectic with its vision of economic man and class struggle as the motivating principle of history. Instead Fascism viewed history as a struggle based on race and ethnicity and, taking its cue from Spengler, saw man as heroic rather than materialistic.

Fascism saw itself as the natural political outgrowth of Darwinism and its principles were not far removed from so-called Social Darwinism which was, at the time, a perfectly respectable social philosophy.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.