Joe Jackson's 2000 studio album. The album is a sequel to 1982's Night And Day, and like the original, tells stories and gives the feel of life in New York City. This time, however, instead of from a newcomer, it's from the viewpoint of someone who's been in the city for two decades.

The album also features original Night And Day players Graham Maby and Sue Hadjopoulos, but most of the instrumentation is all Joe, like his last few albums before it. Also like them, he continues using guest vocalists--this time, Sussan Deyhim, Marianne Faithful and Dale DeVere.

The album is kin to albums like Night Music and Heaven And Hell and does thematically remind you of Night and Day as well, so it's a bit hard to pin down at times. The sound is very electronic overall, though. Oh yeah, the songs all blend together under a 127 bpm pulse that pervades each song.

The cover art is a black and white photo from inside a cab. You can see Joe in the rear view mirror, and out the windshield, a view down a New York City street, and prominently in the center of the cover, The World Trade Center.

Tracks:

< Summer In The City: Live In New York | Two Rainy Nights/Joe Jackson Live >

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.