"Nintendo hard" is a term used to describe among old-school gamers a particular game or part of a game which is as hard as the games were back in the day or when I was your age or what have you, due to the games for the Nintendo Entertainment System being so difficult. This may have just been because people didn't have as much hand-eye coordination yet due to lack of video games, which as been confirmed by military statistics on how well pilot candidates do now compared to years ago. While this may or may not be true, there are a lot of people who fondly recall a time when completing a game was an accomplishment marked with declaration and neighborhood celebration, rather than simply shrugging and taking a nap, or moving on to the next game.

Perhaps I'm just turning into a snarly old bastard who will yell at kids on his lawn, but in my humble opinion, Nintendo hard is a term I will continue to use to describe one of those beautifully crafted, yet evil in its own subtle way, games or parts of games that are so frustratingly difficult yet so clever and interesting as to maintain my interest.

Also note that when I was your age, I had to walk 15 miles uphill both ways barefoot in the snow, with an onion tied to my belt, which was the style at the time...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.