The Drinking Game!TM

A game of luck and skill, daring and derring-do, chugging down and throwing up. Hours of fun for the whole family!1

In truth, more of a drinking competition. A group of friends and I came up with the idea in college and played it a few times, usually with disastrous consequences.

The Ingredients  (These are per person)
  • 3 shots cheap bourbon
  • 3 shots cheap scotch
  • 3 good beers (you'll need something to wash the taste of cheap bourbon and scotch out of your mouth)
  • George Thorogood's version of One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer
The Game

There are three times in the song where Thorogood asks the bartender for one bourbon, one scotch, and one beer. Each time he does you take one shot of the bourbon, one shot of the scotch, and chug one of your beers, trying to finish all three before he asks the bartender for more. You have about 1 minute and 30 seconds per round, although halfway through your beer it will feel like much, much less.

Now, if you can't get all three down before the next round, then you've lost. Sit quietly and finish the rest of your shots and beer alone while the real men and women finish the game.

The last round, since there's no bartender request to beat, determines placing, with the first one finished with their beer garnering first prize and so on. If one or more of you actually manage to finish all three rounds, congratulate yourself and play Thorogood's Bad to the Bone to celebrate! But realize that the game is not over, as you must prove that you also have a Cast-iron Stomach! Anyone who throws up in the next hour forfeits their title, and only those who make it all the way through can be considered honorary Destroyers.

Enjoy!


1 YMMV

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.